On August 21, 1858, Illinois politicians Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas began a series of campaign appearances as they battled each other for a seat in the U.S. Senate. The resulting Lincoln-Douglas debates are considered a seminal moment in American political history. Find out more about the debates here:
- Generational Divide in Education – Sayville, NY, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post
- Sophisticated blade production much earlier than originally thought | Past Horizons
- Did Jamestown’s Settlers Drink Themselves to Death?
- Black Death genome sequenced from DNA in 14th century skeletons | Past Horizons
- Knife Lake: Rewriting prehistory | Past Horizons