Yesterday was my first day excavating at Valley Forge for the 2011 field season. We’re working near Washington’s Headquarters and the site is a feature related to a cabin Washington had built during his time at Valley Forge. I spent the afternoon screening. I found a several pieces of red ware, cream ware, nails, a jasper flake, and part of a pipe bowl. The volunteers next to us found an silver spoon while screening. It should be interesting to see what else comes out of this feature.
- Generational Divide in Education – Sayville, NY, United States, ASCD EDge Blog post
- Sophisticated blade production much earlier than originally thought | Past Horizons
- Did Jamestown’s Settlers Drink Themselves to Death?
- Black Death genome sequenced from DNA in 14th century skeletons | Past Horizons
- Knife Lake: Rewriting prehistory | Past Horizons